For today’s recipe i made something fast , easy but still tasty as my schedule got very busy in the last few weeks , and this is why i decided to use squid , it is fast to prepare and can be so good if cooked properly . As a garnish i made a crunchy vegetable julienne and a sweet chilli dressing . If you do not have squid you can use prawns or even grilled chicken. If you have unexpected guest or a busy schedule it will take you 5 min to make this dish and serve as a starter or even as a main course and for people who are trying to eat healthy itis the perfect match .
For 4 people as a starter:
*4 large squid
*3/4 cup sweet chilli sauce
*1 tablespoon olive oil
*1 teaspoon thai fish sauce
*a pinch of cracked pepper
* juice of 1/2 lime
1. First cut the courgettes and the peeled carrot into julienne , you can use a mandoline or cut it by hand if you do not have one .
2. Incise the squid into stripes but leave 1 cm uncut to cook the squid as one piece and season with salt and pepper.
3. In a oiled pan cooked the julienne until they are al dente ( i kept mine crunchy) and in the meantime start the dressing.
4. In a bowl mix the sweet chilli sauce , lime , fish sauce , olive oil and the cracked pepper and keep aside .
5. at the last minute before serving grill the squid on a barbecue or on a grill pan for a minute and serve straight away . Enjoy