One of the best thing about the summer season is the choice of fresh fruit , now we can piock from apricots , peaches , cherries and many more . We can use this fruits for pies , jam , sorbet or just by itself . I thought that apricot could go well with white chocolate , so i decided to make a cheesecake and try this combination. To make this dessert better i used some of my father’s home-made apricot jam to give a marbled effect and i used diced fresh apricot to add some texture to the cheesecake . If you do not like apricot you can use other fruit such as raspberries , peaches, blueberries or any of your favourites fruit .
*10 small apricots
*250 grs soft cheese
*60 grs icing sugar
*300 ml double cream
*300 grs white chocolate
*250 grs digestives biscuit
*60 grs butter
* 2 sheets gelatine
* apricot jam ( facultative)
1. for the biscuit base , crush the biscuits in a mixing bowl and add the melted butter, mix well and spread into a dish and let it set in the fridge.
2. Over a pot of hot water , melt the chocolate in a mixing bowl ( bain marie ) and add a third of the double cream and keep stirring .
3. In a glass of water softened the gelatine and add to the chocolate mixture
4. In another bowl , beat the soft cheese with the icing sugar, add the remaining cream and the chocolate mixture last .
5. Dice the apricot in small cubes and add to the cheesecake mix and pour on the biscuit base.
6. If you want to add a marbled effect add a few tablespoons of apricot jam over the cheesecake and gently stir with a knife , Keep chilled in the fridge at least 6 hours before serving .