So this is it i am back after a little break from blogging , it feels good to be back on wordpress , looking at everybody’s blog , checking out their new ideas and recipes. I cannot wait to publish this blog and many more , with the addition of healthy but still sexy dishes . This post is about my favourite takeaway dish , salt and chilli prawn but i used pork belly instead for a change . This is not a complicated dish just pieces of meat dipped in egg whites and cornflour , deep fried and then stir fried in a wok with onions wedges , salt and chilli flakes . I try to avoid the deep frying part and instead cooking the meat in the oven to get a crispy batter and a nice tender meat. Iknow that some of you will say pork belly isn’t healthy , but it is sexy and this is a recipe i have been dying to try for a little while .If you want a healthier version , you can use chicken , turkey or tiger prawns. Thank you all for checking out my blog and BON APPETIT
* 4 rindless pork belly slices
*4 egg whites
*1 cup cornflour
*1 large onions cut in wedges
*1 cup frozen peas
* 1 cup of rice
* Chicken stock
1. First dice the pork in bitesize cubes and slowly cook in the chicken stock until tender , then remove , drain and chill in the fridge.
2. Turn on the oven at 180 degrees Celsius.
3. In a pot put the rice with the chopped chillis and 2 cups of the remaining stock, cover and cook on low heat .
4. Put the egg whites in a bowl and the cornflour in another. Stir the rice.
5.Dip the pork in the cornflour first then in the egg and in the cornflour again . Cook on a roasting tray with greaseproof paper 10 min at 180 degrees Celsius.
6. Check the rice , it will be ready when all the liquid is evaporated, keep warm .
7.In a wok fry the onion with the peas in sesame oil , add the crispy pork and season with salt and pepper and/or chilli flakes.
8. You can serve this dish with a dipping sauce of your choice .( curry , sweet chilli , thai bbq , sweet and sour ……..)