Since i joined pinterest i became addicted and i keep checking for new ideas every day and since i am on a diet , i am looking for tasty and healthy recipe. Every day dozens of people pin some zucchini fries recipes and i have been dying to try them out . Like i said on my previous post i cook with some Provencal influence and tapenade is a great spread to any bread grilled fish and meat. But i thought it will be a good dip for zucchini fries as olives and zucchini go well together . On the picture the tapenade is not black but purple because instead of using the traditional black olives for tapenade i chose to use Greek kalamata olives which i find more tasty and give this beautiful color to the dish.
I hope you like the recipe and keep posted
*1 tsp dry thyme
*1 tsp cayenne pepper
*1 small garlic clove
*150 grs of pitted kalamata olives ( or black olives)
*5 tbsp olive oil
*1 and 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs
*1/2 cup plain flour.
1. preheat the oven at 220 degrees celcius (425 farheneit)
2. Cut the zucchini in thick matchsticks ( i get 20 from each zucchini)
3. get 3 wide bowls or even lasagna dish. In the first one add the flour, in the second one beat the eggs with the milk and in the last one breadcrumbs ,cayenne pepper and dry thyme.
4. coat the zucchini in flour, shake well place in the egg wash , again shake well and finally coat in breadcrumbs then place on a tray with greaseproof paper and bake for 25-30 min.
5. meanwhile in a food processor place the olives , garlic , olive oil and a little bit of white pepper ( no salt as the olives are already salty).
6. Process for a minute, scrape the side and process for another minute until you get a coarse paste .
7.Once the zucchinis are cooked serve straight away with a dip of the tapenade .